When attending Mass it is proper to do the following:
- Dress modestly and appropriately before the Lord.
- Arrive to Mass on time.
- Make the sign of the cross with holy water upon entering the Church.
- Men and boys, kindly remove hats or caps before the Lord.
- Genuflect facing the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle before entering your pew or altar. If unable to genuflect, a heartfelt bow is acceptable.
- Please turn off (or to vibrate) all cell phones prior to entering the Church.
- Please be “prayerfully silent”. Refrain from unnecessary talking as it distracts others who are intently praying and reflecting.
- Join in the singing, and sing your praises to the Lord. Give Him thanks.
- Listen to the readings as God speaks to you directly through His words.
- Remove gum, candy, food etc prior to receiving Holy Communion.
- Catholics, receive Holy Communion with reverence. You may receive on the tongue or in your hand. If you choose to receive the Body of Christ in your hand, please be sure your hands are clean and your right hand is under your left hand. Consume immediately. Please do a reverent head bow before receiving Holy Communion.
- Please exit the church after the final song and after the celebrant has completed the recessional procession.
- Please be sure to take all your belongings and leave the pew and missal ready for the next Mass participant.
Thank you, and God bless you.